Flirting with Christine Part 2



June 21 - Christine says blokes write gushy poetry when in love ? I reply with some of my own... and she comments.

Don't hide your true nature from the one you love. Blog the worst pictures you can find like this one.

Girls love a man with a plan so I post My 5 Year Plan and My 5 year Plan part 2
then an update in case she missed it the first time.

Then there was the clincher (and it was my idea). Christine and I did a co-post having stayed up for about 8 or 9 hours chatting on MSN (we then shared a sun rise see above). I wrote What women want Christine did What men want. With a whopping 52 Comments this was one of my most popluar posts ever. Interestingly an anonymous commenter wrote;

"all very well to think you know what women want, but can you be that person?"

I guess the answer (for Christine) is a very definite 'yes'.

I then took some time away to think pray and reflect away (during MYC remember the chat Damo?)... it doesn't hurt to show you have a sense of humour.

14th July - Having finally gotten Skype I asked her out at the end of our first conversation. We talked for about an hour or so and then she had to go... so I just asked her.

We took it public July 25th Great Explanations.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm very grateful to all the people who have commented supported and prayed for Christine and myself right through this last year. It's my prayer that in our relationship you can see something of God's amazing wonder and glory in bringing us together in such a seemingly random way. God isn't random. To him be the glory.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said... 5/24/2007 1:57 pm  

Ah, nothing like a cross-hemispheric relationship to demonstrate God's sovereignty (and, I think, sense of humor).

Praying for you both!

BSJ-rom said... 5/24/2007 9:47 pm  

See, I really want to write a witty and slightly cynical comment, but alas, they elude me to date...

Post a Comment